Tuesday, April 2, 2013


I thought you were kidding.
I looked out the window and I saw red. No, I literally saw red. your car was in my driveway.
I grabbed some boots and my hoodie and went outside. I was both thrilled and furious.
What the heck were you doing at my house at almost 12:30 at night?
I got outside and went to your car. I knew you weren't in there but I opened the door anyway.
Nope.
I stood there trying to think of were you'd be. I figured you might be hiding. That's something that you would do.
Then I heard a laugh from the porch. And there you are leaning against the wall. It was perfect and adorable. I would've ran over to hug you. I wanted to laugh and throw myself into your arms for being so crazy. But I couldn't do that. So, instead I walked right up to you and started smacking you on the arm.
I've never known someone who makes me so happy and so aggravated at the same time. I was furious with you for being someone I couldn't have. Why couldn't I go with you?
Oh that's right, my dad was upstairs asleep and would have no clue were I was if he woke to find me gone. My dog would eventually wake him up, wondering were I went.
You asked me if sitting on the back porch was as daring as I got.
Sometimes it is. When there is a parent within a mile from where I am, no, I am not very daring.
But when I have no one to worry about but myself. Well, I might be a bit more daring.
I've always been a rebel in my own mind

No comments:

Post a Comment